JUMP CREEK

FEBRUARY 2016


JUMP CREEK FALLS

JUMP CREEK FALLS


JUMP CREEK FALLS

JUMP CREEK FALLS

BEHIND JUMP CREEK FALLS

BEHIND JUMP CREEK FALLS

Jump Creek Falls is a beautiful half-mile round-trip hike located in the Owyhee Mountains just outside the town of Marsing. As I've heard this hike can get really crowded in the spring, summer and fall, I hiked it early on a February morning so I could have it all to myself. The canyon and waterfall are impressive, and there is a pool located at the base of the falls you can swim in when its warm. There was a little graffiti and litter near the beginning of the trail, but the area around the waterfall was clear. Once I got back to the parking area, I saw a trail leading behind the falls that I decided to check out due to how green and nice the landscaped looked that way. I followed the trail along the ridge for a bit, before making a decent down to the bottom of the canyon so I could hike along the creek. I followed the creek for a mile or two until I got bored and headed back. There wasn't anything mind-blowing behind Jump Creek Falls, but it was fun to explore the area, as there was no one else back there when I visited.